What is the Organic Box Scheme?
The Organic Box Scheme is a method of supplying locally grown organic food into the local community. It is a simple and effective form of food distribution giving people access to the safe, fresh food being produced on organic farms in the local area.
• Supporting local, organic farmers in their sound husbandry of the land, and encouraging others to move into organic production.
• Stimulating the local economy
• Minimizing the environmental impact caused by excessive food distribution.
How does it work?
• Choose the size of box you require
• Select from the growers produce list those varieties of produce, if any, that you do not want to be included in your box
• The time and the place of delivery are then arranged and you will then receive your first box
• If you enjoyed the produce and wish to continue having a delivery this can then be arranged to occur automatically each week (unless we hear otherwise)
Where does it come from?
Slipstream Organics has established a network of good quality local organic farmers (all registered) who have successfully grown a wide selection of produce for inclusion in our boxes over a number of years. Virtually all the produce we supply is sourced within a 40 mile radius of our delivery area
(click below for map)
We collect the produce fresh each morning, before compiling the boxes and delivering out that same day. This way we ensure that you receive your food in the best condition.
What Does it cost?
There are seven sizes of box available:
We also supply Organic Fruit Boxes at £3, £6, £8 & £10, and we can include Organic Free-range Eggs and Hobbs House Bakery Organic Bread with your order.
What’s in a box?
All boxes usually contain a mixture of the staples (potatoes, carrots, onions) along with a selection of other seasonal produce.
The table below gives an example of what may be included in standard £8.00 boxes, one delivered in Summer and one in Winter.*
1 Mini Cucumber
180g Brown Mushrooms/pack of Salad Leaves
1 Cauliflower/Green Cabbage
Please Note – Seasonal variations in price from the growers are also reflected by your box. You will find you receive more produce for your money during the abundant autumn months, than you will from boxes made up during spring, when supplies
*To find out exactly what is going into our standard boxes (vegetables and fruit), please click on the ‘What’s in a box button’ in the right hand menu.
* Boxes collected from Slipstream No extra charge
* An individual order delivered to the door is £1.50
* 2 person’s orders delivered to one point 75p per order
* more than 2 person’s orders delivered to one point 50p per order